top of page
Regional Health & Mobility. Independent living & rehabilitation. Rockhampton Gladstone Bundaberg.


There are a number of Government agencies out there that provide funding for people with disabilities, are veterans or suffer from a medical condition that requires them to seek further assistance to help with their day to day living. At Regional Health & Mobility we will work with you to ensure you gain access to any funding that may be available to you. 

We understand that sometimes this process may be confusing and stressful, however we can help make this process a lot easier by providing you with the right advice and helping every step of the way. 

Funding options available...


National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing support for Australians with disabilities, their families and carers. The NDIS supports people with a disability to build skills and capacity so they can participate in the community and employment.

You are eligible for the NDIS if you are under 65 years of age, are an Australian citizen or resident or permanent visa holder and meet the disability or early intervention requirements. There are various NDIS services available in the CQ Region and we can work with you to access the services you need. 


Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)

Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) health cards are issued to eligible veterans and former members of Australia's Defence Force, their widows/widowers and dependants. There are different eligibility requirements for each type of card. 

Gold Card 

A Gold Card entitles the holder to DVA funding for services relating to all clinically necessary health care needs, and all health conditions, whether they are related to war service or not. The card holder may be a veteran or the widow/widower or dependent of a veteran. Only the person named on the card is covered. 

White Card

A White Card entitles the holder to care and treatment for accepted injuries or conditions that are war caused or service related, malignant cancer, pulmonary tuberculosis, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and/or depression whether war caused or not, and the symptoms of unidentified conditions that arise within 15 years of service (other than peacetime service). 

Services covered by a White Card are the same as those for a Gold Card but must be for treatment of war caused or service related accepted conditions. The card also entitles the holder to transport related to treatment and access to the Repatriation Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (RPBS) for their accepted conditions. 


Home Care Packages

Home Care Packages (HCP) are one of the ways that older Australians can access affordable care services to get some help at home. They are designed for those with more complex care needs that go beyond what the Commonwealth Home Support Programme can provide.

Home Care Packages can be an option if you need a coordinated approach to the delivery of your help at home - perhaps because you need help with many everyday tasks, or the care you need is more complex or intensive.

Depending on the level of Home Care Package you receive, you can get assistance with a range of different services. The three main categories of services are:

  • Services to keep you well and independent – including personal care, nursing services, allied health.

  • Services to keep you safe in your home – including cleaning, home maintenance and modifications, assistive technology.

  • Services to keep you connected to your community – including transport, social support services.


Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS)

The Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS) provides funding for medical aids and equipment to eligible Queensland residents who have a permanent and stabilised condition or a disability. The scheme helps people to live at home and avoid early or inappropriate residential care or hospitalisation. 

Aids and equipment are subsidy funded on a permanent loan basis, through private ownership or the supply of consumables. If you pay for more than 50% of the cost for an item, you can choose tax ownership, rather than having a permanent loan. However, this means that you are responsible for all repairs to that item. 

You may be eligible to receive assistance under MASS  if you are a permanent resident of Queensland, have a permanent/stable condition or disability, hold a pensioner card, health care card or Queensland Government Senior Card and meet specific clinical eligibility criteria relevant to the aid. 

bottom of page